If you’re having issues charging your Miko 3 robot, please follow these steps:
- Make sure that you’re using a compatible charger and the correct USB to C-type cable. Miko needs a 5V, 3A USB Type-C charger with 15W or higher output.
- Plug in the charging cable and check if the indicator on Miko’s back is glowing. If the battery is low, the indicator will be an orange-yellow color. If the battery is full or almost full, it will be green.
- Change power outlets and try again.
- If Miko still isn’t charging, connect another device to the same charger to make sure your charger is working properly.
- If you’ve completed the above steps and are still facing issues, please take photos of the back of your charging slot, charger pin and charger. Then, email us at Team Miko so that we can help resolve the issue.
Team Miko is available any time. Simply reach out to our customer support team using our contact form or via live chat on the Parent App.